Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
161 Doctors are Online

Developed pain and itchy red rashes on foreskin after having unprotected oral sex. Any relief?

User rating for this question
Answered by

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Practicing since : 1994
Answered : 10445 Questions
Well hell, nnot sure what to think here, had unprotected oral sex in nov. no sumtoms or nothing of concern. 1 night after having sex with my wife had one day of itching in the foreskin, no evidence of rash or anything else. In early XXXXXXX noticed red rash in foreskin. began using every cream on the medical shelf. Rash has never goten any bigger or smaller but will not go away. In the last week developed pain in penis that seems to be at times a burning or just dull pain. have had it now for a week and will not let up. at times it feels it extends to the anus. Between the long lasting rash and now penis pain (feels like inside) no pain when I pee, just constant pain/burn and this dam rash in foreskin that is slightly raised and a few shades darker in color
Posted Mon, 25 Mar 2013 in Infections
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 14 minutes later
Thanks for posting your query.
The rash on your foreskin seems to be due to dermatitis- allergic or eczema. It is not likely to be related to any infection or STD. Most of the times such simple rashes do improve with gentle skin care and avoiding irritating substances. You can help the improvement by
* Avoid scrubbing the skin.
* Use as little soap as possible. Use gentle cleansers instead.
* Use warm (not hot) water for cleaning. XXXXXXX dry, don't rub.
* Try calamine medicated lotion.
* Hydrocortisone cream (1%) is available without a prescription and may soothe many rashes.

If the rash is persistent and is associated with some discharge then you must consult a dermatologist as a physical examination is an integral part of proper diagnosis.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Developed pain and itchy red rashes on foreskin after having unprotected oral sex. Any relief? 4 minutes later
I have tried many creams, I am more concerned now that I have so much burning and pain in the urethra. Could this rash be bactirial and have moved into my urinary system?

Also it does not look like penile cancer does it?
Also since it has been hanging around for almost three months could this be some std?
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 10 minutes later
Thanks for writing again.
The burning and pain in the urethra could be due to a bacterial infection. But this pain is not likely to be related to the superficial rash that you are having. A urine examination and culture will help in detecting any infection in the tract.
The rash does not look like a penile cancer or STD. Still it would be best to consult a dermatologist or Urologist for a physical examination and urine testing.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Developed pain and itchy red rashes on foreskin after having unprotected oral sex. Any relief? 5 minutes later
One last question

The list of creams I used are as follows:

monistat 7

I was scared to death abouth the rash and must admit I used all these creams in excess on the penis, scrotum and even the anus area.

Could these have lead to the pain that seems to be in the pemis and at times the anus and between the two?
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 27 minutes later
The topical creams that you have used cannot cause the pain in the penis or the anal region. The pain is indicative of an infection or inflammation in the urinary tract.
Do consult a urologist for proper investigations and treatment.
Best wishes.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor