Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
162 Doctors are Online

Child suffering from urinary infection. Have RBC particles, pus cells, esinophils present in urine. Suggestion?

Feb 2013
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2002
Answered : 3176 Questions
my child only 3 years is suffering from urinary infection . she is having plenty of RBC particles, pus cells 4-5 ,esinophils and albumin are present in urine...she is under medication since three days. IS it a major problem? Please suggest ...solution
Before this she (3 years) was suffered from lymph nodes enlargement in stomach which was cured...After that with in 2 days she got urine infection...followed by fever , stomach pain and now these RBC ,pus cells 4-5 and albumin are present in urine...please suggest the solution , It a major problem?
Posted Sat, 7 Sep 2013 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. E Venkata Ramana 35 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Antibiotic. not a major problem

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for your query on Healthcare Magic.

Urinary infections are common in girls because of short urethra which makes girls easily prone for infections.

Urinary tract infection is treated by a course of antibiotic.

Before starting an antibiotic emperically, urine should be given for culture and sensitivity.

Urine culture and sensitivity test will detect the causative bacteria and its sensitivity to specific antibiotic so that an appropriate antibitic can be given.

Nothing to worry as it is not a major problem and it can be treated with a course of antibiotic.

Consult the Pediatrician for clinical correlation of urine report and for ordering further investigation of urine for culture and sensitivity and to start antibiotic.

Hope I have answered your query, if you have any clarification please let me know.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Pediatrician

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor