Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
171 Doctors are Online

Child started hearing swishing noise. No fever. Is this a sign of ear infection?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1996
Answered : 1827 Questions
My eight year old son started complaining about hearing a "swishing" noise in his right ear today? He does not have any fever or any other symptoms. He at first thought it was like water in his ear, but he has not been swimming, etc. Could he possible have an ear infection?
Posted Fri, 28 Dec 2012 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Ratnakar Kini 1 hour later
Thanks for posting your query.
I am Dr.Ratnakar Kini and I am pleased to answer your query.
The condition he is suffering from is called tinnitus.
Most often it occurs due to involvement of the inner ear. Infections can result in this.
Sometimes it occurs due to even a simple cause like wax in the external ear. Removing the wax in this condition will relieve the symptom.
So he needs to get examined by his ENT doctor to rule out these issue.

I hope that answers your question.
If you have no more questions, kindly accept this answer and rate this service.
Dr.Ratnakar Kini
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an ENT Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor