Child having breathing problem and applying cream for itching sensation. Suggest the remedy

Dr. Munish Sood

Ayurveda Specialist

Posted on Tue, 10 Dec 2013 in Ayurveda
Question: Hi my son is having short breathing problem form last 4-5 days. Also refer me an onitment which i can apply on his skin as he does lot of itching and then blood comes out..he has a dry skin. i need remedy for same.
Answered by Dr. Munish Sood 5 hours later
Brief Answer: detailed below Detailed Answer: Dear Damanjeet Thanks for contacting Ayurveda with your son's health concern. 1. since problem is for the last 4-5 days and since suffering from syndrome of respiratory problems, it seems that there is acute attack of Asthmatic bronchitis [as also suggested by use of inhaler], probably due to some infection and since age is 2.5 years it is best to get an opinion of child specialist for clinical examination and chest X- ray. PS. start giving following dietary Regime with Medicine . Avoid deep fried foods, too cold food, sour foods [non fresh curd, raw onion, sour lassi] sour fruits [citrus fruits, sour grapes] . Avoid giving heavy meal and give warm drinks often like tea, coffee, soups. . Give sweet fruits like apple, papaya, mango, dry fruits. . In food give leafy vegetables like palak, methi, cabbage and salads like beet, carrot, cucumber. . Avoid causative factors like heavy beans,fried,oily, chilled food, exposure to cold wind/dust and damp weather,chemicals and infections. 2. If skin is dry,itchy with blood, consult with a skin specialist to rule out Eczema or there is too much cold or hot [where you live] with low or no humidity?? PS. since ointment is asked for his ailment you can take following prescription medicines : . BAN Baby Oil [BAN] apply and massage gently on the entire body for comfort and relaxation. . Elegance Oil [zandu] . neem oil + maha marichyadi oil [in equal quantities] for local massage [baidyanath].. very effective . apply raw papaya paste. . fry some garlic pods in mustard oil and massage with that oil. Do let me know his Immunization status, [whether complete till date] so that Immunomodulators from Ayurveda side which helps in increasing Immunity of the child can be initiated. Dr. Munish Sood Consultant & Physician Naimittika
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Shanthi.E