Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
148 Doctors are Online

Child got fracture in collar bone, scratch behind the ear. Prescribed p-125 and flagyl. MRI needed?

Feb 2014
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 5930 Questions
my 8 month child roll over with walker in steps today morning. we took x-ray and ct scan
In x-ray it shows fracture in collor bone and a scracth behind the left Ear. She's crying due to pain. doctor gave P-125 syrup and FLAGYL syrup. Is it enough we took CT scan or whether we have to take MRI scan. Please help me.
Posted Mon, 25 Feb 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 45 minutes later
Thanks for posting your query.

CT scan of head is enough to rule out any head injury. So be relaxed , there is no need of any MRI scan.Also for fracture collor bone you need not to worry to much.It will unite in 2-3 weeks with simple rest . Continue giving her P-125 syrup for pain control.

I hope this is helpful to you.Let me know if you need further assistance
If you do not have any clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer.

Wishing her speedy recovery...

Dr Saurabh Gupta.
Orthopaedic Surgeon.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Orthopaedic Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor