Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
161 Doctors are Online

Carpel tunnel surgery, foot and facial numbness, heat sensitivity, pain in neck. Treatment ?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

ENT Specialist
Practicing since : 1991
Answered : 2547 Questions
45 yo female. 5'3" 120 lbs. No significant medical history other than carpal tunnel surgery in 2000. Odd symptoms past 2 1/2 years. Tested for ms, sjogren's, Lyme, diabetes and every other thing you can think of. Multiple MRI, genetic testing, heart, etc. Started with right foot numbness. Have had vertigo, left side numbness, diagnosis of trigeminal neuralgia, facial numbness, extreme fatigue, terrible heat sensitivity, and now pain in left side of neck and face, feeling like something stuck in my throat, awful fluttering feeling in left side of neck and into left chest region. Can't get any answers. Seen neurologist and endocrinologist and nobody seems to have a clue. I just want to feel better. Are we missing something obvious?
Posted Wed, 11 Apr 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Sumit Bhatti 1 hour later

Thank you for your query.

1. At the outset, I would like to know your detailed test reports. Has your metabolic blood profile (Calcium, Phosphorus, serum electrolytes, renal function tests, CPK, LDH, PTH, uric acid, alkaline phosphatase, hemogram and routine urine) and thyroid function tests been done?
2. Can you describe your vertigo in detail? Important details include type of vertigo (true rotary or unsteadiness), time of onset, relation to change of position, latency or a time interval before onset after change in position, vertigo on changing sides in bed, how long did the episodes last, did it persist on walking, any nystagmus (abnormal eye movements) observed on examination, any associated hearing loss and any other detail, examination and investigative findings.
3. Do you suffer from acid reflux? What is your blood pressure? These may also be peri-menopausal symptoms in which case you will have to consult a gynecologist.

Awaiting your reply,

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor