What causes ringing in the ears along with hearing loss and headaches?
The ringing varies in intensity from very loud to very soft but it never goes away completely.
My primary care doctor referred me to an ENT because he couldn't find anything wrong. He didn't do imaging he just looked in my ear and that was it.
The ENT stuck a instrument in my ear that blew air into it than told me everything in my ear was functioning properly. They also gave me a hearing test and told me that I had significant hearing loss in both ears for high pitched sounds but was normal for all other pitches.
He couldn't tell me what was causing the ringing in the ear or if it would ever go away. He only said that sometimes ringing in the ears is associated with hearing loss but didn't know if that was the case with me.
For the headaches he just said he's not the kind of doctor to see for headaches. He said he didn't think that my headache was related to the tinnitus. He suggested following up with my primary care doctor or a neurologist.
Dr. XXXXXXX said take flunarizine or cinnarazine for dizziness or vertigo, but I don't have those symptoms.
What do you think is wrong?
XXXXXXX XXXX YYYY@YYYY
Get examined and evaluated by a neurologist
Ringing in ear with hearing loss should be evaluated by imaging of brain too.
Possibility of some brain lesion can be there.
Examination by a neurologist will be helpful.
For treatment you can try cinnarizine with sertraline or amitriptyline.
Blood pressure should be controlled.
Hope you found the answer helpful.
Dr N Kumar
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What can cause hearing loss genetically
- Ear infections causing hearing loss
- Causes of hearing loss
- Slap ear cause hearing loss
- Pressure ear hearing loss caused by swollen gland
- What are the possible causes of hearing loss
- Ear wax causing hearing loss
- What causes hearing loss in left ear
- Hearing loss ringing ears causes
- Ringing in left ear with hearing loss
- What causes recurrent painful sensation over one side of lower face?
- What does my blood test report indicate?
- What causes constant dizziness?
- Suggest treatment for weight gain, coldness and constipation
- What causes facial pain and leg numbness in a patient with diabetes?
- Suggest treatment for recurring optic neuritis in right eye
- What causes trouble thinking clearly while recovering form sepsis?
- How long should medication be continued after suffering partial paralysis?
- Suggest treatment for constant pain due to neuropathy
- What causes burning sensation in buttocks of a person with spinal problems?