Canker sore, blisters appeared inside vagina with white discharge after intercourse. Cause and cure?

Dr. S Patra

OBGYN

Posted on Thu, 7 Feb 2013 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Question: I have been having sex with the same person for 7 months. We used a dildo last week during rough sex and now I have canker sore blisters in the inside of my vagina and around my anus. It does burn when I pee and the area is itchy. I also have a milky white discharge on a constant basis. What could this be?
Answered by Dr. S Patra 1 hour later

I went through the details submitted with diligence. Your current symptoms are concerning. They indicate genitourinary infection. Based on the symptoms, bacterial infection as well as herpes is close possibilities; though you mentioned you been loyal to the same partner. In addition folliculitis and skin irritation related to chemical lubricant/condom/dildo may be contributing.

I would encourage you to visit a dermatologist or a gynecologist nearby for a complete and detailed pervaginal examination. You also will need pelvic examination with a speculum; blood tests for STD profile, urine examination, swab and microscopic studies of the discharge sample and other serological tests to identify the pathogen responsible. Besides that, he/she can also prescribe you a course of antibiotic and vaginal suppository to treat the above condition.

In the interim
1) Maintain good personal and genital hygiene.
2) Abstain from sexual activity; Use only water-based lubricant and no other chemical substance; Use dildo in hygienic way as it may cause vaginal infection/vaginitis.
3) Drink plenty of fluids. Cranberries can be helpful.
4) Take healthy diet with multivitamin supplements.
5) Always practice safe sex in future to avoid genital infection.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions, I will be happy to help.

Wish you good health...

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad