Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
132 Doctors are Online

Can insertion of stent be performed under general anaesthesia?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Pathologist and Microbiologist
Practicing since : 2006
Answered : 6941 Questions
I went into hospital yesterday to have a stent performed and a rigid bronchoscopy. Hospital did not have the correct stent so this has been delayed for two weeks. Dr wants to perform this with general anasthetic again is this ok?? YYYY@YYYY
Posted Tue, 11 Feb 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Shailja Puri 1 hour later
Brief Answer: General anaesthesia can be safely administere for Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for posting your query on XXXXXXX The procedure for insertion of stent has to be performed under general anaesthesia. A complete pre-anaesthesia examination is done before giving any type of anaesthesia. If the patient suffers from any chronic illness, modifications are done accordingly. In your case, there is shortness of breath. In such case the anaesthesist agent compatible with this condition or agent which causes least depression of breath will be used. If you have any query, I will be glad to answer. Dr Shailja P Wahal
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor