Suggest treatment for productive cough,sweats and hoarseness

My husband had a splenectomy and a colectomy in 2006. He has had a chronic productive cough since that time. He was hospitalized in jone 2011 with pneumonia and has had recurrent pneumonia since then. He has had fifteen courses of different antibiotics as well as two rounds of prednisone. A bronchoscopy done recently showed the right middle and lower bronchus full of mucus and the left upper bronchus almost totally occluded. He was cleaned out and cultures done. As with all other sputum cultures done over the past year the results were negative. He is now having productive cough, sweats, fatigue, pronounced hoarseness and generally feeling unwell. His doctors are stumped and do not know how to treat him. We are desperate for answers and treatment. Any suggestions? He is 48 years old, 5ft 10, 185 lbs
Mon, 30 Apr 2018