Can i take Benadryl or Motrin while on Ciproflox?
Do not take Motrin with ciprofloxacin, benadryl can be taken
Thanks for writing in to us.
I have read through your query in detail.
Please find my observations below.
1. You should not take Motrin (ibuprofen) with ciprofloxacin due to risk of seizures and other neurological side effects since both these medications interact with each other.
2. If you have fever then you can instead take Tylenol (acetaminophen) and ciprofloxacin which will not cause any undesirable side effect.
3. Benadryl is a safe medicine to be taken with ciprofloxacin.
4. Ciprofloxacin also interacts with milk and dairy products and it is better to avoid taking milk and dairy products before of after taking ciprofloxacin. A gap of 3 hours is suggested.
5. If you have taken the above medications together and are having side effects then please consult your doctor immediately.
Hope this answers your question. Please feel free to correct any oversight in my interpretation of your problems and discuss them in detail as per your requirements.
Hope your query is answered.
Do write back if you have any doubts.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Amoxicillin benadryl and motrin
- Is it possible to take a motrin 800mg while on the hcg diet
- Is it bad to take benadryl while on vyvanse
- Taking motrin with oxyelite
- How often take motrin
- Is benadryl safe to take while breastfeeding
- Effects of taking motrin daily
- Is benadryl safe while taking amoxicillin
- Side effects of taking motrin
- Is it safe to take benadryl while on loestrin?