Dear Mr. XXXXXXX
Thanks for contacting Ayurveda with your follow up and I do remember your case and consultation [1st-10th-24th Oct-7th Nov-25th Nov] and improper sleep [short duration] could be due to physcial/mental STRESS.
1. avoid caffeine found in coffee,tea,chocolate,cola,and some pain relievers
PS. [four to six hours before bedtime.]
2. quiet, dark, and cool environment can help promote sound sleep.
PS. [Use heavy curtains, or an eye mask to block light, and also keeping computers, TVs, and other work materials out of the room will help promote mental bonding between your bedroom and sleep]
3. Avoid stressful, stimulating activities like doing work, discussing emotional issues.
PS. Physically and psychologically stressful activities can cause the body to secrete the stress hormone cortisol
, which is associated with increasing alertness.
4. take dinner 2-3 hours before bedtime and avoid foods that cause indigestion
. [spicy-heavy- junk food]
5. avoid afternoon napping to prevent late night awakening [ between 2-3 pm is ideal, but that too sitting on a chair while head resting on table]
6. Principle is to have well balanced diet with more of proteins and more Calories with exercise, take more of cereals,legumes,daal egg,and eat fresh fruits regularly with sweet pulp like (banana, mango, chickoos, grapes)
7. take banana, black grapes, orange, spinach, ginger, tomatoes, curd, take diet rich in vitamin C
(Citrus fruits) and vitamin E
(sunflower seeds, almonds,apricots, peanuts) which are rich in anti oxidants
8. Lemon juice mixed with sugar in a glass of water helps release stress removing hormones from the body and bring mind at peace/rest.
9. Mix 4-5 dates in half glass of water and drink 2 times daily for a month.
. eat 2 spoon coriander seeds with 2 spoons of sugar candy
. rub castor oil on palms and feet
. drink a juice of coriander leaves,water and sugar.
. make a paste of 'bhang' with cow/goat milk and massage
. take a glass of buffalo milk at bed time [best sleep inducer].
. brahmi vati 2
sarphagandha ghan vati 2.... at bed time with milk
arishta: 20 ml
sarasvta arishta: 20 ml [after meals with equal amount of water]
PS. did you stopped medhavati abruptly or gradually in decreasing dose [make sure to practice yoga/pranayam regularly when going off the drugs] and take it after meals.
Dr. Munish Sood
Consultant & Physician