What does obsession with watching people in pain indicate?

Dr. Richa Agarwal

OBGYN

Posted on Tue, 15 May 2018 in General Health
Question: My daughter is obsessed with seeing people in pain. She watches movies and vid of people in pain all day long and thinks abour it to all day long. whats wrong?
Answered by Dr. Richa Agarwal 2 minutes later
hi,
She is suffering with some psychological problems, consult with psychologist.
Please hit thanks.
Follow up: Dr. Richa Agarwal 57 minutes later
what do u mean do u know what she has
Answered by Dr. Richa Agarwal 21 hours later
Brief Answer:
It could be due to psychological problem.

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear,
Thanks for trusting hcm about your health care.
I have gone through your history and understand your concerns.
Sorry for such a long delay in my response.
As you describe your daughter problem, in my opinion you should meet some psychologist, as she might be suffering with some psychological problem.
If she feels like that,it could be due to sadism( a psychological problem related with behaviour).
Hope found useful, but you must consult with psychologist for the same.
Good luck.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Follow up: Dr. Richa Agarwal 1 hour later
what caused it
Answered by Dr. Richa Agarwal 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
It could be due to hormonal changes or developmental issue.

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear,
It could be due to hormonal changes or it could be due to hormonal issues.
You must visit to psychologist.
Hope found useful.
Good luck.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana
Follow up: Dr. Richa Agarwal 14 hours later
shes 8 years old how is it hormonal issues
Answered by Dr. Richa Agarwal 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Yes, it may be.

Detailed Answer:

Yes, it can be hormonal like thyroid and cortisol hormone changes.
These changes can show up at her age even though she is 8 yrs old.

Hope you found this useful.
Best wishes.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee