Can chronic drug abuse cause easy bruising?
i have the feeling that i cant take a deep breath and need to especially in my right lung along with palpitations i cough to get back into sinus rhythm. The hematomas and sores freak me out most..I have three small ones on my face this morning for no reason..blood inside them garlic smell and not very dark in color..am wanting to know of this is serious or not and will go away...I do not have health insurance. Respectfully, Thank you maybe I'm a hypochondriac. That's wat the ER told me last time I went for excessive bruising and my hands were numb. Please advise.
BT and CT
Thanks for your query.
Sorry for the delay in my response,
I would recommend you to proceed by first getting test like bleeding time and clotting time. If these are delayed then you may have to get PtINR test. This will clearly provide info into why there is easy bruising.
If the above tests turn up normal, then the easy bruising can be linked to skin fragility which can be seen in chronic drug abuse. If that is the case you would know what is the next approach.
Get the tests and inform me the reports.
Waiting for your response,
Thanks for writing back.
If you have any fever associated with the development of the so said lumps, yes then there could be a chance of infection. Also, is it is a septic episode it would worsen over time.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Recreational drug abuse causes
- Can prescription drug abuse cause opioids, such as oxycodone , used to treat pain?
- History of drug abuse numbness in toe cause
- Drug abuse causes
- Intravenous drug abuse causes
- Illicit drug abuse causes
- Health effects of drug abuse
- How to treat a splitting gums caused by drug abuse
- Prescription drug abuse causes
- Over the counter drug abuse
- Suffer from hypertension and weakness. Does meth use cause thyroid problem?
- What is the effect of steroids on the heart during puberty in boys?
- Having psychological problems. Taking therapy. Any advice?
- Body feels shaky. What is the cause and how to control this?
- Experiencing a periodic mild numbness in arm. Family history of MS. Any...
- Medicine for G6PD patient with fever?
- Having pain and pressure in eye with headache. Sinus MRI normal. What...
- Snorted meth. Having sore throat and cough. Is there any complication?
- Have small penis. Will penomet penis enlargement pump work to enlarge it?
- Found high BP readings on home monitors. Any thoughts?