What causes red freckles on the lower legs and bleeding gums?
Advice to undergo blood investigations detailed below
Thank you for trusting HealthcareMagic for your health concern
I have gone through your question and seen the attached picture.
The red freckles you are describing are tiny bleeding spots called petechiae. Petechial hemorrhage with bleeding gums and multiple bruises are suggestive of underlying problems with blood clotting. This can occur if you are on medications which affect blood clotting like aspirin, clopidogrel, warfarin etc. It can also be due to underlying bleeding disorders like coagulation factor deficiency, vitamin K deficiency, liver dysfunction etc or problems with platelets.
Extensive evaluation including complete and differential blood count, bleeding time, clotting time, prothrombin time, liver function tests are recommended as an initial screening. Please be advised to follow up with your primary care provider to undergo necessary evaluation.
Hope this answers your question
Please address further questions here
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Drugs that cause bleeding gums
- What causes fatigueweakness and loss of voice with bleeding gums
- Diovam cause bleeding gums
- Bleeding gums causes and treatment
- What cause bleeding gums andstomach pain
- Flat red freckles on legs ankles
- What causes red freckles
- Bleeding gums causes
- Chantix causing bleeding gums
- Red freckles on legs feet
- Suggest treatment for chronic rhinosinusitis
- Suggest treatment for chronic constipation
- What causes severe muscle and upper body pain?
- Suggest remedies for delayed menstrual bleeding
- What causes intermittent sharp pain in the groin area while walking?
- Suggest ways to deal with behavioral volatility and emotional outbursts...
- Suggest treatment for pinched nerve spasms in the shoulders, neck and arms
- What do itchy rashes on the legs indicate?
- Suggest treatment for rashes between leg and scrotum
- What are the interactions when Bisoprolol, Amlodipine, Lisinopril and...