What does blood on the pillow and sheets with swollen fingers and hands indicate?

Excellent

Question
I Have had blood on pillow and on parts of my sheets not always where my head would be. Last time I had blood all over my bed for over a year and it never showed on my nightgown or bras or clothes. I had blood twice on my bra and it was. Stage one
DCIS(Did mot show up on mammogram or sonogram of breast) I stupidly didn't go for second opinion and the surgical oncologist led my husband and I to believe I should have a double mastectomy. The "good" breast got a terrible staph infection and I was on KEFLEX for about 1 1/2 years.

Most of my doctors tell me I am "unusual, never or rarely have ever seen what I have,

I have a lot of faitigue.swollen fingers and hands for almost 10 years and they are getting bigger as time passed. It is osteosarthritis but Ive been to 7 rheumatologist and 3 hand surgeon. They all think more is going on and can't figure it out
Recently, started having tingling in my fingers and hands and my legs sometimes (especially when I go to the bathroom , urinating or bowel movements.
I went to neurologist and they did EMG and nothing showed up.

Now the bleeding on my pillow and bed.

I have trouble holding and opening things.

Anyway, so much more has happened.

Can't figure out where the blood is coming from?

PLEASE HELP ME!

So much more has happened to me.
Tue, 8 May 2018 in Cancer

Answered by Dr. Zotaj Antoneta 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
it does seem a rare case- please provide the information asked

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for asking at healthcaremagic.

I carefully read your question.

I would like to know if the bleeding on the bed and pillow is clear blood, in big amounts or small faint spots?
A common cause of blood on the pillow is the nose and mouth. Does your mouth leak on the pillow while you sleep (red-brownish spot sorrounded buy a more yellow looking area)?
Have you even had your blood checked for anemia as if you are bleeding daily for so long than you are very likely anemic also.
You mention that your gown does not get dirty, how about the underwear? How about bloody spots on your own skin?

have you even had checks for blood coagulation and bleeding times and related tests to those to make sure you do not have increased risk for bleeding? How is your platelet count?

It does sound strange to have bleeding and not have a clear sign of where it comes from. Generally the only areas we can bleed is from mouth, nose, and the intimate areas. the bleeding from intimate areas you should have been able to notice blood in underwear also. Can you upload a picture of the bleeding in the bed and pillow so i can see how it looks like?

Please let me know how is your CBC (for anemia and platelet count) and also if you have had coagulation time checked and bleeding time checked and how were the results? Having a stool occult blood to check from bleeding from the bowel is recommended routinely over 50 years of age and if you have had one in the last couple of years you might need one and also colonoscopy to rule out bowel lesions.

Waiting to hear back from you,

Kind regards,

Antoneta Zotaj, MD

Follow-up: What does blood on the pillow and sheets with swollen fingers and hands indicate? 1 hour later
Thank you! All makes sense.

I didn't mention that in the past 1.5 years I have been in the ER 3 times. .First 2 time I felt dizzy and double vision. I got down on floor and couldn't get up. Had MRI's etc. all looked good. Stenosis was found. Vasovagil? No real diagnosis.

Then I was staining on my underwear a couple of times. I went for ultrasound and nothing showed up. I saw it again and my doctor did endometrial biopsy and found polyp (she was surprised didn't show up on the ultrasound).
She did hysteroscopy and took it out.

About 6 days later I was bleeding heavily. It was going down my legs, changed maxi pad every minute or so. Dr. sent me to ER and they sent me home. They said I may need laparoscopic hysterectomy (which my doctor doesn't do).My ovaries were taken out around 15 years ago. My doctor said I can do one of 3 things,
1-If it stops, I can let it go.

2- Abelation

3- Hysterectomy

I saw another gynecologist who thought that after the hysteroscopy the blood got caught and then it just gushed out.(not know how to explain what she said exactly). I have seen staining again a few days ago one time.

I also saw blood a few times when I wiped after bowel movement (I saw that before the vaginal bleeding) I saw it again today and then it stops.

I went to my gastroenterologist and they saw very small hemmoroid and that since I had a colonoscopy within the last 2 years and all looked good (a few benign polyps) so didn't think anything to worry about.

So this past week, I did see spotting on my underwear once and wiping rear today and another time in the past couple of weeks.

I will send you my most recent blood work and try to upload a picture.

I haven't had the coagulation time checked and bleeding time checked
What type of doctor should I go to?

I haven't had a stool occult blood test.
Who should I go to for that?

CBC I think on my blood test, but not sure.

Could it be coming from head through my hairs (what is on the pillow)?

I sometimes scratch the top of my neck by the hairline.

Just weird again.

Thank you!

Best,

Mxxxxxx
Follow-up: What does blood on the pillow and sheets with swollen fingers and hands indicate? 12 minutes later
6 Attachments

Not sure how to upload

I just uploaded, did you get them? I have a couple more to attach.

Thank you!

DOCUMENT NAME: Provider Test Action PATIENT NAME: Melanie Garfinkle
PRACTICE: WHM (3538) Armonk Int Med CURRENT PROVIDER: XXXXXXX Cohen MD
ENCOUNTER DATE: 10/24/2017 11:30 AM PRIMARY CARE PHYSICIAN:
_______________________________________________________________________
Lab Results:
Comprehensive Metabolic Panel
Description Result
GLU 85 NA 141 K 4.3 CL 101 ALT 23 AST 24 ALKP 54 TBILI 0.5 CA 9.5 TPRO 6.5 ALB 4.5 ALB/GLOB 2.2 BUN 22 CREAT 0.8 BUN/CREAT 27.3 EGFR >60 AGAP 18.1 CO2 26 EGFRAA >60 Globulin 2.0 Comments
10/24/2017 12:20
Flags
Range
70-105 136-145 3.5-5.1 98-107 7-45 8-43 33-129 0.0-1.2 8.4-10.4 6.3-8.0 3.2-5.0 1.0-2.5 8-21 0.5-0.9

Answered by Dr. Zotaj Antoneta 15 hours later
Brief Answer:
Some more explanation provided

Detailed Answer:
Dear Melaine,

Thank you for a thorough explanation and the uploads.
I could not see a CBC result in the uploads or in the message.
you seem to have had quite a gynae history. I would say you do need to repeat a uterine examination with at least vaginal ultrasound, not abdominal ultrasound as that does not visualize well uterine lesions. Having a gynecological exam is good.
To have the coagulation times and the bleeding time and fecal occullt blod you need to talk with your GP and he should refer you to the right place to have them done. Have a CBC please to make sure you are not developing anemia and also to see platelets in blood.
The scalp can be a cause if blood spots on the pillow if you have lesions that might bleed on the scalp but they should be visible to examination. if no scalp lesions than bleeding is not related to it.

Do you have any pets?

The blood seems so spread an in drops and I am wandering if you have a pet that may ght be the reason for the blood- this might sound strange but just to make sure.

Please let me know if anymore clarification is needed on this.

Kind regards,

Antoneta Zotaj, MD

I don't have pets. I will check on CBC

and coagulation times and bleeding time and fecal occult blood.

I had vaginal ultra sound a few weeks go. All looked good.

Also, my hands are a major problem. They are swelling more and more.

I now have tingling in my fingers and hands, getting worse.

EMG test good. I can hopefully upload those reports too.

Thankl you!

You seem very thorough and I appreciate it

Answered by Dr. Zotaj Antoneta 9 hours later
Brief Answer:
You are welcome

Detailed Answer:
Hello again,

It is a pleasure to be able to help.
Please feel free to upload the results of the tests when they are available

Kind regards,

Antoneta Zotaj, MD

Any other thoughts on my tingling fingers XXXXXXX EMG LOOKED OK. ONLY DID MY RIGHT SIDE

I HAVE TINGLING IN MY HANDS GETTING WORSE

VERY TIRED WND JUST DONT FEEL WELL

I HAD TRANSVAGINAL A FEW WEEKS AGO. ALL LOOKED GOOD

I JUST DONT FEEL HESLTHY

Answered by Dr. Zotaj Antoneta 37 hours later
Brief Answer:
Detailed explanation below

Detailed Answer:
Hello XXXXXXX

Thank you for the reply.

I am sorry for the late reply.
The tingling of the fingers if the EMG is normal is very likely not related to anything dangerous. Make sure you have the CBC done to rule out anemia as some forms of anemia can be due to B12 deficiency and might also cause neurological signs like tingling.

Please feel free to let me know of the results of the tests or any questions you might have.

Kind regards,

Antoneta Zotaj, MD

Follow-up: What does blood on the pillow and sheets with swollen fingers and hands indicate? 16 minutes later
Thank you

I had about 8 vials of blood tajpken yesterday for all kinds of vitamins and minerals

CBC AND OCCULT FETAL TOMORROW

HOW DO I KEEP IN TOUCH WITH YOU AFTER MY TIME IS UP

WILL TAKE FEW DAYS TO GET REDULTS

THANK YOU

COULD TINGLING BE From being on Keflex for about 1 1/2 years? Even though it’s taken off About 6 months ago?

Ritalin cut from 20 mg two times today from three times a day a few weeks ago

Lamictal

400 mg

I have been taking both about 10 years

Answered by Dr. Zotaj Antoneta 31 hours later
Brief Answer:
Explanation given

Detailed Answer:
Hello XXXXXXX

None of the medications you have used or are using have tingling as a common side effect, even though theoretically it might happen but it is not documented to be common with any of them so I would say very likely is not related to them.

As to be in contact together, when you write the query you can mention that you would like to ask Dr Antoneta Zotaj and then it will be only me that will answer.

Please feel free to upload the results of the tests and we will be in touch to interpret them.

Kind regards,

Antoneta Zotaj, MD

Thank you.

Could tingling be related to strong dosage of KEFLEX and DIFLUCAN that I was on for 1.5 Years. STOPPED IT AROUND YEAR AGO I THINK.

YOU ARE so helpful. I had CBC and fecal occult tests sent in today.

Best,

Mxxxxxx

Answered by Dr. Zotaj Antoneta 47 hours later
Brief Answer:
Diflucan might rarely cause tingling

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Keflex does not seem to have tingling as a side effect but diflucan might but it is very rare.

Please let us know of the results.

Kind regards,

Antoneta Zotaj, MD