• question-icon

Can a growth on the right testicle cause blood in semen?

Posted on Thu, 26 May 2016 in Lump
Question: Hi, My semen looks more like all blood. I have been advised that blood is common but the problem has been going on for a while now. I have had an endoscopy and all was ok.
I have been sterilised and due tothe outcome of this I have a growth on my right testicle which I am waiting to have removed and have been advised it is benign.
Could this be the cause of the problem ? XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Iven Romic Rommstein 24 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Yes it could be cause of problem

Detailed Answer:
Hi and welcome.

Yes it could be and probably is. This may be epiddimis cyst or ductal ectasia but also it may be something more serious so you should do prostate and testicle ultrasound and biopsy or do recommended surgery as soon as possible. also,bloody semen may be sign of prostate infection or hyperplasia and sometimes it is seen normally after vasectomy.

Wish you good health. Regards

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Follow up: Dr. Iven Romic Rommstein 1 hour later
Thanks for the reply....
I also forgot to mention I have a hernia that has been repaired once and gone wrong and i am waiting to go for operation again could this also be a factor towards the problem ? XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Iven Romic Rommstein 12 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Yes,but less likely

Detailed Answer:
If you talk about inguinal hernia then yes, it may cause it since such hernia can press ductus deferens that brings semen from testicle to prostate.
However, these causes I 've mentioned are more common cause.

Hope it helps
Dr. Iven Romic Rommstein

General Surgeon