Ask a Urologist   »  

What causes intermittent pressure in the lower pelvic region and painful urination?

Jul 2016

Hey doctor,

Off and on the last couple of months I have been getting this feeling of pressure in my lower pelvic area that sometimes hurts when I pee too. There’s also a bit of dribbling that comes out after I have pee everything out. I have had 2 urine tests and an ultrasound of my urinal area which all came up clear. What could the potential causes be of this? I remember I used to have problems urinating when I was younger and from memory I did some sort of x-ray or Ct scan of the area when I was quite young maybe 8 or 9 years old could that have created any complications or cause cancer that I am no experiencing later on in life?

Just to add I also have a lot of digestion problems and sometimes consipation or dirreah which I am unsue if it can cause pain in that area?

I have attached an image of the pressure location also.
Posted Wed, 29 Nov 2017 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Could be due to infection of Prostatitis

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for query .
Based on the facts that you have posted pain in lower abdomen and pain while passing urine could be mostly due to infection of Prostate (Prostatitis).

I shall be happy if you can post me more details to help me in making precise comments
1) Do you masturbate very frequently ?

Ct Scan done in childhood will not cause these problems at all .

Consult qualified Urologist for clinical and digital rectal examination and get following basic tests done to confirm the diagnosis.
1) Semen examination and semen culture

Pain in lower abdomen associated with diarrhea and constipation can be due to Irritable Bowel Syndrome and can be confirmed by doing colonoscopy for which you need to consult qualified Gastro Enterologist .

In the mean while start taking antibiotic like Doxicycline twice daily along with Diclofenac twice daily .

Further treatment will depend upon result of these tests and final diagnosis.

Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions,I shall be happy to help you
Thanks and Regards.

Follow-up: What causes intermittent pressure in the lower pelvic region and painful urination? 6 hours later
Hey doctor,

Yes I do masterbate quite frequently usually once a day sometimes once every second day could this maybe be what’s causing the problem? I have already had a colonoscopy done which came up clear and they just said I had IBS.

Wouldn’t my ultrasound of urine tests come up with anything if I had prosatitis as well and is it possible that it can go away without antibitoics?
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 28 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Semen examination and culture are moe specific than urine test .

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for follow up .

Frequent masturbation can cause prostate infection (Prostatitis).

Since semen contains prostatic secretions semen examination and semen culture reflect prostate infection more precisely than urine test .

Taking antibiotic is the only treatment to control the infection .

Thanks and Regards.
Follow-up: What causes intermittent pressure in the lower pelvic region and painful urination? 5 hours later
Would it be best if I refrain from masterbating for now as well?

How many times would it be within a safer range to masterbate a week?
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 6 hours later
Brief Answer:
Cleam masturbation twice a week is supposed to be safe

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for follow up .

Doing Masturbation twice a day after cleaning your genitals is a safe .

Thanks and Regards,