Can Lyrica be taken to relieve symptoms of shingles?

Posted on Mon, 13 Jun 2016 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Question: my dr. prescribed lyrica for pain after my shingles,took one pill yesterday,pain in the head of my penis when trying to urinate,vey kittle urination..lyrica the cause?
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Could be due to UTI.

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for your query ,based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have burning urination and urge for urination since two days .

You have pave been taking Lyrica as a pain reliever since coulple of days and think this pain may be due to side effects of Lyrica.

I would state that Lyrica does not cause side effect like urge for urination or dysuria.

Urge to pass urine and dysuria that yo have could be due to UTI .

Please get your routine urine test and urine culture done to find out the organisms causing this infection and antibiotics to which they are sensitive to.

Please take broad spectrum antibiotics like Cefexime along with urinary antiseptic like Nitrofurantoin twice daily and urine alkaliser thrice daily .Later on switch on to appropriate antibiotics as per culture report.

Get the prescription of medicines from your family Physician.

Ensure to drink more water.To keep your urine dilute This will help to control dysuria.

Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions , I shall be happy to help you .
Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.

Dr. P. T. Patil

Urologist