What is the cause for pain under my left shoulder blade?

hi I have had pain just under my left shoulder blade it comes and goes it feels as if it's going down my left arm, went to dr I have white blood cells in my urine but have not got signs of a urine infection! the pain is painfull I have to put a hot water bottle on it to ease it!! this has been going on for about 3 weeks, regards Sandra
Sat, 8 Feb 2014

I have studied your case.

According to your history and complains such kind of pain can due to compression of nerve and muscle sprain .

When such patient comes to my hospital we usually take x ray spine to see for severity of nerve compression.
Another differential can be nerve compression due to disc bulge which may need MRI for confirmation.

Medication like methylcobalamine with muscle relaxant and analgesic will reduce pain, you can take them consulting your treating doctor.
You may consult physiotherapist for further guidance. He may start TENS ,or ultrasound which is helpful in your case.
You may need to take rest for early healing.

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.