Suggest treatment for UTI

Dr. Vjollce Mbiarra

OBGYN, Maternal and Fetal Medicine

Posted on Fri, 8 Dec 2017 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Question: My 21 year old daughter has had the smell that you have when you have a uti , but has no other symptoms.
When she was 11 months old she had surgery to correct reflexive of the ureters.
What can she do about the smell , she has seen doctors the gave her meds for a uti, when she is on the meds she does not have the smell
Answered by Dr. Vjollce Mbiarra 51 minutes later
Brief Answer:
She should do a urine analysis

Detailed Answer:
Hi dear and thanks for your query to healthcare magic .

I have read your question carefully and understand your concern.

If your daughter have a smell in urine and she have corrected ureters she should do a urinalysis with urine culture to exclude any infection.
If she will have infection she will need treatment and if she will not have infection than she doesn't drink much fluids .
During this time she should drink much water and especially cranberry tea.

Hope I have been helpful

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad