Can K-Y jelly cause loss of erection?

Dr. Saddiq Ulabidin

Posted on Fri, 11 May 2018 in General Health
Question: After just applying key yours and mine to my boyfriends penis he has not been able to get fully hard since then. Is there anything in this product that would cause this problem?
Answered by Dr. Saddiq Ulabidin 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
It doesn't cause this side effect usually

Detailed Answer:
Hi! Welcome to Healthcaremagic. Thanks for sharing your concerns with us. We will try to help you in best way possible. First of all it's sad to know what you both had been experiencing lately.

Based on the history you have shared, it doesn't seem that it can be due to KY you and me, as it doesn't usually have this side effect but local side effects like pain, rash or irritation leading to inflammatory response in individuals who are allergic to it may cause the same but in the absence of any obvious signs it's unlikely however it's quite possible that lubrication may cause a brief period of dependence as erection is a complex of physiological, hormonal as well we'll a psychological processes and pleasure may lead to dependance or may cause insignificant erection without it's use.

Other factors like performance anxiety or any other social stressers should also be ruled out. Wishing him a quick recovery. Hope this has answered your question. If you have any more questions please feel free to ask. Regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T