Can IUD be used for contraception by women who have not given child birth?
IUD can be used in nulliparous women.
Thanks for your question.
I realize your concern towards your daughter.
There are some facts about your trouble-
-The IUD (Minera) can be used in nulliparous women (not give childbirth).
- It is usually a first line drug if the patient is bleeding heavily and needs contraception as well.
- Yes! Insertion is quite painful, but it has given contraception for years.
-It is not helpful in the treatment of acne or may be it increase it (because they contain only progesterone hormone).
- Oral contraceptive is the first line drug for acne treatment.
-It is a second line drug in the treatment of menstrual irregularities.
- It should be ingested daily and regularly otherwise when she misses the pill breakthrough bleeding occurs.
Now in her scenario, it is your option whether you want to go with an IUD or Pills.
It is truthful that the IUD will not helpful in acne treatment, otherwise it is a good contraception in her case.
Hope I have answered your query if you have further questions I will be happy to assist you.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Women contraceptive injection
- Emergency contraception iud
- Contraception for women over 40
- Women contraceptive implant
- Sprintec birth control used as emergency contraception?
- Contraceptives for women
- Can oralcon contraceptive be used as emergency contraception
- Meridian iud contraception pregnancy
- Types of contraceptives for women
- Albothyl cervic erosion iud contraception
- After having had waistband on, gets nauseous. Is it related?
- Had unprotected sex who is not virgin. Can I have STD if I will have...
- Had blood in mid cycle, tender breasts. Have IUD. Sonogram showed thick...
- Having delayed periods. Prescribed with sysron, not yet got my periods....
- Labia minora is swollen, painful and radiates. Noticed 3 hard and...
- Recently started yaz, got bleeding post sex, not on periods due. What...
- Pregnant. Having fever at night and early morning, weakness, bitter...
- I am pregnant. Is it safe to travel by plane in second trimester?
- Nursing mother. Missed period. Experiencing pain in tail bone while...
- Got vaginal bleeding after taking ipill and missed for next month. What...