Can CLA be used for G6PD deficiency?

Question
I have G6PD, is it safe to use CLA? I'm interesting losing the fat and hear it was good. I also heard that its good for inflammation which is another reason I wanted to try it.
Posted Mon, 18 Aug 2014 in Pregnancy

Answered by Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
I won't recommend using it.

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for asking
CLA aka conjugated linoleic acids are proved efficacious in losing body fat mass but they have also proved to reduce leptin a hormone which acts on hypothalamus and curbs appetite and increase fat consumption when fat stores increase.so use of CLA has been reported to reduce fats but lead to long term morbid obesity and weight gain.its game of hormones a price body pays for messing with leptin and it's receptors.
Now your g6pd is not cool with CLA because it reduces hemoglobin levels and we don't want to reduce our already compromised and vulnerable to break blood cells. Also it increases liver enzymes and cholesterol levels. Only good thing it does is increase HDL a good cholesterol but that is not worth it in your case.
So I suggest don't use it or seek your haematologist and a dietitian for a final call as prevention is better than cure.
It just reduces body fat mass not BMI and that also temporarily with a rebound weight gain higher than loss.so net is loss.and we don't wanna lose.
I hope it helps. Consult your haematologist and a dietitian for final call.
Take good care of yourself and don't forget to close the discussion please.
May the odds be ever in your favour.
Regards XXXXXXX