Can Benforce M cause digestive issues?

Dr. Rakhi Tayal

OBGYN

Posted on Tue, 29 Aug 2017 in Women's Health
Question: My wife taking Benforce M table for 2 months onwards. she is facing the digestion problem because of this tablet. she is having the PCOD. can you please advise whether she can take this medicine or any alternate medicine is there.
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 30 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Take it after meals.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.
Benforce M is associated with digestive issues and nausea and gastritis. These are common side effects. She needs to take this medicine continuously for improvement of her symptoms. The other alternatives will also cause similar side effects. It is best to have this after her meals. It will help in improving the glucose intolerance.
Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Rakhi-Tayal

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng
Follow up: Dr. Rakhi Tayal 2 hours later
Thanks Doctor. Thanks for your reply. Actually she is taking the medicine after the breakfast only. Per day she is taking 2 times the medicine, morning and night. (Tablet name Benforce M 500). Now she is having pain in chest during night time, because of the diggestion problem.

whether she need to consult any gasterology doctor. or she will consult only gnacologist.
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Try antacids first.

Detailed Answer:
Hello.
Thanks for writing again.
She can consult a gastroenterologist only if the problem is severe and is not controlled with antacids and omeprazole. She can also use an extra pillow at night and avoid having oily and spicy food at night.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.
Regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj