Burning sensation in left leg with tightness on left side of neck. Is this sign of an illness?

Dr. Benard Shehu

Cardiologist

Posted on Mon, 25 Nov 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: I am having a burning sensation in my left leg with tightness/pressure--plus two other points of pressure/aching feeling on and off in thigh and lower buttocks area --this is accompanied by tightness on the left side of my neck --wondering what would cause these symptoms.
Answered by Dr. Benard Shehu 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Burning,aching,neurological,rheumatological exam Detailed Answer: Hi, Your symptoms go for a possible problem to you spinal cord such as discal hernia, and/or spondiloarthrosis. I'd suggest to do X-ray and ct-scan of your vertebral spine and abdominal echo. I'd also advise to consult a neurologist (to exclude neurological damages) and rheumatologist (for possible arthrosis). Hope it answered to your inquiry! Dr.Benard P.s. if you have further questions, do not hesitate to contact me!
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Follow up: Dr. Benard Shehu 17 minutes later
Ok i thought blod clot
Brief Answer: Pain in buttocks - Lumbo-sacral radicular syndrome Detailed Answer: Hi, Thank you for writing back. According to the medical data you provided, there is little chance of having blood clot. Your symptoms (pain) is localized only on the buttocks area, which resembles to the lumbo-sacral radicular syndrome. Hope you are satisfied with my answer! If you have further concerns, feel free to contact me again! Dr.Benard
Follow up: Dr. Benard Shehu 5 hours later
No the majority if my pain is in my kower leg calf area--i also have pressure jn my lower leg hot to touch as well--feels swollen
Answered by Dr. Benard Shehu 8 hours later
Brief Answer: Please follow the instruction below... Detailed Answer: Hi again! Now that you clarify without any doubt the nature of the pain the precise localisation, yes one of the possible diagnosis is Deep vein thrombosis. I recommend also a Doppler ultrasound (ECHO) of the legs to exclude any Deep Vein thrombosis. Hope you are finally satisfied with my answer! If you have further concerns, feel free to contact me again! Dr.Benard