Suggest remedies for bruises on the toes

Dr. Grzegorz Stanko

General Surgeon

Posted on Tue, 17 Apr 2018 in Lump
Question: To avoid emergency room visit ; is it safe for me to wait until tomorrow to see a doctor? Eight days ago I dropped a timber on my foot-immediate x ray said not broken. As with other "bruises" it is swollen more than "normal". Blue has settled on top of toes. Still painful even when not on it-actually getting worse. I had clots in left leg while on Eliquis and now have an IVC Filter. There is an engorged blood vessel at site of impact on top of my right foot-very painful. Must I see a doctor today? If there is a clot won't it dissolve on its' own without surgery?
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 43 minutes later
Brief Answer:
It can wait.

Detailed Answer:
Hello.

Thank you for tge query.

Veins which you can see are superficial. Those veins thrombosis does not give any danger at all. Moreover veins thrombosis does not spread from foot. Most likely you have just a regular bruise.
Additionally with IVC filter you are completely safe even from deep veins thrombosis.
So this definitelly can wait till tommorow. And even if there is a clot it does not need a surgery.

Hope this helps.
Regards.