What causes a small pea sized bump on the forehead of a child?

Pediatrician
Question
My 6 year old daughter has a bump on her forehead right below her hairline. It is about the size of a small pea. She says it is painful. It is non-movable. It has a bluish tint similar to a bruise but much lighter. It does not seem like a bump from trauma, as it is small and the edges of the mass are palpable. She does not remember hitting her head on anything.
Fri, 11 May 2018 in Child Health

Answered by Dr. Diptanshu Das 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Please upload an image

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.

I have gone carefully through your query and understand your concerns. However, I would insist you to upload an image. Also let me know how long it has been there and whether it is increasing in size. That will help me to get an idea of what it could be due to.

Let me know if I could help further. I will wait for your response.

Follow-up: What causes a small pea sized bump on the forehead of a child? 1 hour later
it has been there possivly 4 days. not increasing in size. it is hard to see but it easily felt.

Answered by Dr. Diptanshu Das 7 hours later
Brief Answer:
Possibly due to unnoticed accidental trauma

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for writing back. I have checked the attached image. It could possibly be due to an unnoticed trauma. I would insist you to wait and watch. Since it is not enlarging in size, I see no reason to worry. I would expect it to resolve spontaneously in a week or slightly longer.