Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
144 Doctors are Online

Brown-yellow vaginal discharge, soreness, itchiness, sebaceous cysts. Taking Flucloxacillin for staph aureus. Worried

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 3163 Questions
Hi I have a browny yellow discharge from my vagina, sore and itchy and 3 small sebaceous cysts. Clinic swab said staph aureous so am on FLucloxacillin for 10 days but still have discharge and feel sore. Doctor is going to investigate further any ideas or advice. Worried that it is something behind my cervix as they say cervix is inflamed.
Posted Mon, 1 Oct 2012 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 16 minutes later
You definitely have an vaginal infection.As you are getting antibiotics for that,there;s not much to worry about.But,the infection may be a cause for the inflammation of the cervix.You should get a PAP smear test done to rule out the possibility of any cervical malignancy.Its a simple procedure done on opd basis. Complete the course of the antibiotics as advised. Get your blood sugar tested. I think that a course of metronidazole should also be taken.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Brown-yellow vaginal discharge, soreness, itchiness, sebaceous cysts. Taking Flucloxacillin for staph aureus. Worried 6 minutes later
Hi I have had my blood sugars done and it is normal. Since i finish the antibiotics tomorrow should the discharge have stopped. I am sore and my vulva looks swollen they also checked for sti and thrush they were negative.
My last smear was 3 yrs ago so as in uk they say not due yet. Do you think it could still relate to something cervical cancer. What other test would tell them?
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 12 hours later
You may have some associated vaginitis. Thats why i recommended metronidazole. You can also take some probiotics that balance the flora of the vagina and reduce infection. An unhealthy cervix may be a sign of infection or even malignancy. You can complete the course and have a repeat examination after 3 months to check if the cervix is still unhealthy. Pap smear would be ideal to check for this. As you say,your test was negative.In my country,we do repeat the test in indictated cases. I believe in the UK,its done every 5 years. You could also have a colposcopy done to check for a similar reason.However, your gynaecologist should prescribe it.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Lab Tests
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an OBGYN

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor