Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
174 Doctors are Online

Blister like growth on chest since long. Removal ?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General Surgeon
Practicing since : 1980
Answered : 2130 Questions
I have had a small blister like growth on my chest for about 15 years. It is soft, causes no pain and is just a little darker in colour than my skin. Im not 100% sure if there is fluid in there or not? When it first appeared I tried to remove it myself by piercing it with a hyperdermic needle. It was then smaller but came back. Have you any idea what it is? Can a Doctor remove this for me? Thanks!
Posted Sat, 14 Apr 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Rajinder Bajoria 19 minutes later

Thanks for posting your query.

most common cause for such a small blister like growth,which is persisting for the last 15 years appear to be benign Sebaceous Cyst.

Pricking with hyperdermic needle is not going to cure it, as it has high chance of recurrence.

It can be surgically removed completely, with almost no chance of recurrence.

So surgical excision & post excision biopsy of tissue is highly advisable.

So opinion of surgeon is desirable.

Hope I have answered your question well to your satisfaction.

I will be available for follow up queries if any.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor