• question-icon

Are neck pain, tingling in feet and rash in armpit signs of shingles?

Posted on Thu, 2 Jun 2016 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: I had the shingles vaccine some years ago but I think I have shingles... a blistering rash in one armpit and pain in my my neck and shoulders and tingling in my feet and hands. I am diabetic and I have CLL. Should I see a doctor tonight or wait till morning? Do I need to see one at all? How seriously should I take it?
Answered by Dr. Ashwini Kolur 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Self Limiting illness, upload the pictures.

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Welcome to HCM
I have gone through your query.

Shingles is viral infection and is usually self Limiting. Regarding the skin lesion, it is difficult to comment without examination, so I would suggest you to upload the picture for better assessment and to provide you with specific advice.
As you are diabetic, it is better to see doctor for examination to evaluate the severity. You can wait and visit doctor tomorrow, based on the information provided by you, I don't think it is anything serious that you need to visit doctor immediately.

This provisional advice provided by me is based entirely on the input provided to me. I would suggest examination by the doctor.

I hope this suggestion might be of some help to you.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Deepak
Dr. Ashwini Kolur