Are chills, fever and body pains symptoms of mumps?
It is not likely to be mumps!
Although i have not examined you and there is no definite way to rule out mumps, but based on your symptoms , you are unlikely to be having mumps.
Your symptoms are characteristic of a viral infection and you will recover in 6-7 days , just take rest and maintain a good and healthy diet.
However i am bit afraid of your pain on cheeks and you may be having a sinus infection , this needs to be evaluated by a ear nose throat doctor and i would like you to meet one as soon as possible. please dont delay or ignore this complaint.
For the meantime i would like you to start steam inhalation 3-4 times a day and take vitamin c supplements, it will help in early recovery.
Also, I just recently finished antibiotics (on April 17). The doctor prescribed them for sore throat, ear pressure, and eustachian tube irritation that I was having, although he thought it was allergies (but I don't generally have allergies). After taking the antibiotics, the symptoms went away, and then a week and a half later, I got this.
I suppose then this is just either the flu, or some other infection. It knocked me down just like the flu does.
i would still like you to meet your ent doctor!
Your previous symptoms also suggest a sinus infection including sore throat and eustachian tube irritation , and your sinus can be a focus of infection.
Pain is a late symptom of sinus infection and indicates that the infection is severe, therefore we should not wait for the pain to appear.
I am just suggesting that you MAY be having a sinus infection and it would be wise to get yourself examined by a ent doctor.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Gas fever chills sweating symptoms
- Symptoms of chills without fever
- Symptoms fever chills sore back
- Fever chills aches no other symptoms
- Migraine symptoms chills fever
- Symptoms: body aches, chills, no fever, stomachache
- Symptoms of fever/chills
- Flu chills fever body pain back pain causes for symptoms
- Medical symptoms chills without fever
- Fever chills sweat symptoms of pregnancy
- Does Betamethasone and Levofloxacin have any interaction with thyroid...
- Does PICC lead to pain in sternum and upper back?
- What causes stomach pain and headache during menstruation?
- Suggest treatment for stuffy feeling in throat when suffering fro,...
- What causes heaviness in head when suffering from ear infection?
- What could be the cause for throat pain while swallowing?
- What causes terrible smell in nostril?
- What causes swelling and numbness of the tongue after taking Augmentin?
- What causes fever and chills after reclast infusion?
- How long does Iodine therapy take to show results?