Alcoholic and type two diabetic. What does the blood result indicate?
You are in good health at present.
Thanks for writing to XXXXXXX
It is excellent that you have quit drinking and leading normal life.
Yes,you are in good health at present.
Your blood parameters are normal in limit except GGT.It may be increased due to phenytoin intake in your case. Phenytoin increases GGT level.
Other parameters like SGOT and SGPT is normal.
BMI is also within normal limit.
HbA1C is mildly increased.It is due to diabetes mellitus.You goal should be to keep it below 7.0
Get well soon.
Hope i have answered your query.
Further queries are most welcome.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Diabetes penis alcohol redness
- Alcohol poisoning and diabetic
- What is the relation between diabetes and alcohol
- Diabetes and alcohol
- What is the best alcoholic drink for a type 1 diabetic
- Sugar alcohol and diabetes
- What is the most safest alcohol to drink for a diabetic
- Whats the best alcoholic drink for diabetics
- Diabetes hot tub alcohol indigestion
- Can alcohol cause diabetes