Abdominal discomfort with watery discharge from the vagina after period. What's wrong?

Dr. Rakhi Tayal

OBGYN

Posted on Mon, 11 Feb 2013 in Women's Health
Question: hello, my fiancee had her period a few days ago and yesterday she experienced some abdominal discomfort. which got sharp at the point where she had a watery, none odor discharge. it was so much that it soaked her undies and ran down her leg although she had liners on. Can you tell me what this can be please?
she is a virgin by all definition
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 22 minutes later
A sudden gush of watery discharge from the vagina after an abdominal cramp is likely to be a healthy discharge from the uterus or the vagina.
I would not be concerned much about your situation because it is not uncommon for a woman to experience watery vaginal discharge around ovulation or after the periods which advocates that the hormonal influences are intact. Clear and watery discharge occurs at different times of your cycle and can be particularly heavy after exercising or doing some strenuous physical activity.

This discharge is formed by the normal bacteria and fluids the vaginal cells put off and it can be more noticeable at different times of the month depending on ovulation and menstrual flow but sometimes the discharge can be dark, brown or discolored.

I want you to be aware of symptoms like, yellow or XXXXXXX colored discharge, discharge with bad odor, or if it is clumpy or cheese like. Watch out for itching, discomfort, rash or sores along with a vaginal discharge. If you happen to notice any of the above mentioned symptoms, seek instant medical help.

Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.