3 years old having headache, fever, runny nose and teeth pain. What medicine should be given?
Thanks for writing to us.
I went through your query in detail. It would have been better if you had specified the exact duration of her symptoms. Her symptoms (especially if they are beyond 3-4 days) warrant clinical examination to rule out localised (any kind of tooth decay) / pyogenic infections - these will require clinical tests and antibiotics for complete treatment.
In the interim, the child will require paracetamol at a dose of 10 to 25 mg /kg/dose given at intermittently every 4-6 hours. Motrin/Ibuprofen syrup at the dose of 10mg/kg body weight can be continued twice a day for addition benefits. Besides that, warm water sponge baths are essential to reduce fever instantly and to prevent febrile convulsions. Keep her well hydrated and give her semisolid feeds, so that she can swallow without chewing and avoid the pain.
In all, though the aforementioned options are available to try at home, I suggest a visit to her pediatrician / dentist as she seems to be in acute pain. For best results, I recommend a consult to your doctor's office at the earliest. I believe she will need antibiotic with the above regimen.
Hope this answers your query. Let me know if you have other queries.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Headache fever runny nose green poo
- Medicine for 8month old with runny nose
- Fever cough runny nose 3 year old
- Pregnant facial pain teeth pain runny nose am i okay
- Runny nose rash fever 2 year old
- One year old, fever leaky eyes and runny nose
- Fever neck hurt runny nose and headache
- Cough runny nose headache fever allergy
- What causes runny nose with high fever and leg pain
- 1 year old with fever and runny nose