3 year child having glossy eyes, hoarseness, congestion, cough and fever. Should I give antibiotic?
Thanks for your query.
Based on the symptoms you mentioned I suspect your child to have a viral fever.
Yes, there would be need for antibiotics , as in most viral fevers the local immunity in the respiratory system is lowered making it prone to bacterial infections.
Empirical Antibiotics would be essential to prevent such secondary bacterial infections.
Do discuss with his treating doctor and get a hand written prescription for a formulated dosage of antibiotics.
Hope I answered your query.
Wish you good health.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Is cough or hoarseness, accompanied by fever or chills a side effect of carboplatin?
- 2 year old cough hoarse voice breathing
- Hay fever hoarse voice
- Headache voice hoarse and fever
- Child has cough low grade fever hoarse voice any advice
- On antibiotic for sinusitis but coughing and slight hoarseness persist
- Suggest cure for cough fever and hoarse voice
- Baby is hoarse without fever
- Is cough or hoarseness with fever or chills a side effect of paclitaxel?
- Hoarse voice with no fever
- White hair on infant's head. What is the cause for this?
- Burning pain in stump after left leg amputation, sciatic nerve surgery....
- Masturbation addiction, semen leakage, genitourinary infection
- Pain the the chest bone. Stopped Mercillon pills after long term use....
- Fever, nausea, stomach pain and diarrhea. Took paracetamol. History of...
- MRI showing diffuse bulge of the discs, excessive fat deposition ,...
- Child having worm shaped growth spreading in the legs. Started as a...
- Hyper-extended wrist, bruised and swollen. Been wearing splint on thumb...
- Constant tiredness, instantaneous drain effect, stomach pain, SGOT, SGPT
- Pinching feeling in chest, erratic heartbeat. Why?