is there any homeopathic medicine to reduce cholesterol?

I would like to reduce LDL and increase HDL. Could anybody suggest a tried homeopathic medicine for the same.
Mon, 14 Dec 2009
Treatment/Therapy
Medical Topics ,  
's  Response
niacin

I am a heart patient and have undergone angioplasty in 1999 January. I am since then under medication including cholesterol lowering drugs. I am now a little bit gaining fat. I intend to know whether my external fat and blood cholesterol can be reduced by homeopathic medicine in addition to my taking allopathic medicine. I am now 62 and of medium stature.

HI DOC, MY HUSBAND & I R HAVING CHOLESTROL,MY AGE IS 29.I AM LACTATING MY 1YEAR OLD CHILD. MY HEIGHT IS 5.3 FEET.MY WEIGHT IS 70 KGS. MY HUSBAND S WEIGHT IS 85KGS AND HEIGHT IS 5.8 . WE DON T WANNA TAKE ANY MEDICINE FOR THIS SO PLZ GUIDE US HOW TO LOWER OUR CHOLESTROL.

Hello.I had a blood test done and the result today of my colesterol level is 218...while it should be supposedly 200. I am 60 years old and a very healthy woman who is very active with fitness . My dokter here told me to buy Atorlip of 20 mg...and take them for 10 days....1 tablet in the morning and 1 in the evening. Just checked the medicine on the internet...and it kind of scares me a little to take it. Please give me your opinion !!!!!

Recent questions on  Lipoprotein

My husband is 47yrs old,found high cholestrol level.ie total cholestrol-233, LDL-145,HDL-40,VLDL48,ratio 3.6,T.G-239.His uric acid level is8.7mg%.he often c/o pain in the knee.Having family h/o cardiac problem(father),he is non vegetarian,non smoker,occasional drinker(max twice in a month,only beer).he is taking Tab.Fibator20mg(contains Atorvastin& the other combination I can t explain) for the last one week.Other blood chemistry like RFT&LFT is normal.blood sugar is 102mg% (fasting).In view of all these,we would like to get a diet chart for him& an expert opinion for his health ...thank ypu

My husband has had several colonoscopies that have come back ok. On several occasions, he finds blood in his bowel movements and last week he coughed up blood several times in one day. He also has problems breathing when he sleeps and snores extremely loud. Could this be realted or serious. What could he have?

my husband is a 32 year old businessman,190 lbs, has leg cramps and abdominal bloatedness occassionally for the past 6 months,blood works was done and revealing a high sgot,sgpt,triglycerides and low density lipoprotein....what is the treatment for this and special diet we can do...thank you and more power!

my dad is an 82 year old, asian male, w/ history of cardiomyopathy, hypertention and borderline diabetes. He has ICD implanted on October 2006.He was seen recently for his complaint of bilateral edema and pain on his feet. Though the swelling does not occur at the same time. He s been experiencing the pain and swelling since August of 2010. The swelling and pain is alternating on each feet. He shows elevation on his uric acid level and responds on Naproxen. Due to his other medical condition, the provider has concern on putting him on Naproxen for a long period of time. His most recent lab results performed on 12/21/10 shows the following: Glucose: 114, Bun : 30, Creatinine 2.0, eGFR- other : 34, eGFR African American : 41, Calcium : 9.4, Total Protein : 8.6, Albumin : 3.7, Bilirubin, Total : 0.7 Alakaline Phosphatase : 121, AST : 23, ALT : 42, Sodium : 140, Potassium : 3.9, Chloride : 104, CO2: 28, Cholesterol : 137, Triglyceride : 214, HDL : 34, LDL (Calculated) :60, Cholesterol: HDL Ratio: 4.0, LDL:HdL Ratio: 1.76, VLDL (Calculate) 43, Abs. Monocyte: 0.6, Abs. Eosinophil : 0.2, Abs. Basophil : 0.0, PSA, Free: 0.29, PSA Total : 0.63, PSA, Free% Calc : 46, Free T4 : 1.56, TSH : 1.27, WBC Count: 7.4, RBC Count : 4.59, Hemoglobin : 14.2, Hematocrit : 41.5, MCV : 90, MCH : 90, MCHC : 34.2, RDW: 13.2, Platelet Count: 210, Diff Type : automated, Neutrophil: 60, Lymphocytes: 28, Monocyte: 9, Eosinophil: 3, Basophil: 0, aba. Neutrophil : 4.4, Aba. Lymphocite: 2.1. An X-ray of his bilateral ankle taken on 12/21/10 shows moderate degenerative change. Three views of each ankle were obtained for a total of six views. Bony mineralization is normal. No fracture or acute osseous abnormality is evident. The joint spaces are well maintained with minor osteophyte formation. He is presently scheduled for his ICD battery replacement on February 4, 2011. Today, I ll take him for the following lab works: Renal Panel, 24-hr Urine Protein and Creatine and Hba1c. The patient is currently taking the following medication: Micardis 40mg once a day, Coreg 6.25 Twice a day, Furosemide 80mg Twice a day, Theragran-M once a day, Zocor 40mg once daily, Singulair 10mg once daily. I am his daughter and I am the one responsible for his health care. Thank you very much for your time. I need your guidance. I have concern about his stability prior to his scheduled procedure. I know that it is a n out-patient procedure. However, I cannot afford to overlook any other possible medical condition. I look forward to your reply.

please look on attached report what is hilited and what is cause

Male - 42 years old. TMT tst results - exercised for 9.51 minutes on XXXXXXX protocol at a work load of 11.40 METS and ahieved 90% of maximum predicted HR. 2. Resting ECG revealed WNL 3. Developed Asymptomatic 1-1.5mm comcave to DSST dep in...

Hello Doctor, Good afternoon! I recently got my blood work and Echo done. Please do check my Lipoprotein and HOMOCYSTEINE levels, they are very very high. CbC also shows variations. Cholesterol levels are high. Reports attached for your review....