Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
132 Doctors are Online

i have this neck related problems like chronic

i am working in a bpo as transcriptinist...i have this neck related problems actually when i twist my neck i feel pain...mostly on the right side but sometimes on left side,,,pain not moving down to neck...but sometimes back pain upper and lower back not moving down to hands this neck pain this is there from the last 6 to 7 months in between two times i met some docts and they gave pills for 1 week and at that time it get cured but after sometimes it again pain in wrists... especially when i sleep and get is more...and when i continuous sit near computer for 2 hours..what should i do for there any permanent solution. right now i am not taking any i said the pain is not i am just carrying on....but i feel it is something like chronic or it may lead to something..
Asked On : Fri, 8 Jan 2010
Answers:  3 Views:  396
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
This is most likely due to cervical spondylosis. Pl.avoid using pillow while sleeping,
Move you neck in all direction fully after every 20 minutes and press your hands against the head as well as. If it still bothers you than seek opinion of Ortho. surgeon.
Dr G.S.L.Gupta , F.R.C.S. Ortho.surgeon
Answered: Sat, 24 Mar 2012
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

  User's Response
due to feel the neck is hard and stiff after sometime of work. I sincerely think this is repetitive stress injury at computers it is most common in persons in IT and software companies you have to follow some work station precautions. for the neck pain you can use pain killers aling with hot packs at the neck area a hot water bath after the work shall ease the muscles, relax them I shall you a link what you have to do in work areas. I suggest you to take bath after the work hours. if yoiu have the fear get the MRI done meantime you take DOLO tablets
Answered: Mon, 18 Jan 2010
  Anonymous's Response

You might be having CRS. Go meet a orthopedician, take an xray or MRI to see whts going wrong..avoid movements that cause pain. Once the investigations are done, the correct diagnosis can be made and hence appropriate treatment can be started along with possible physiotherapy.

Answered: Fri, 8 Jan 2010
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor