Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
121 Doctors are Online

<br>Suffering from pennies being sore, itchy and painful, looks like an acne scar. Is it herpes?<br>

I am an uncircumcized male, 28 years of age, sexually active. At the moment (and for the past two days or so), my penis has felt sore, irritated. When I pulled back my foreskin , I discovered a series of sores that resembled an oral cold sore . Some appeared to have cleared up already (similar to an acne scar ) while one, right where the foreskin attaches to the head of the penis, appears whiteish/yellow and larger. I fear you are about to tell me that it is herpes but they seem somewhat controlled and are not particularly painful (though a bit itchy and make pulling back the foreskin a delicate job). Are there any other possibilities than an STI? And is the best option for me to get a full STI test as soon as possible?
Asked On : Fri, 22 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  98
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
Urologist 's  Response
Jul 2016
Thanks for your query.Based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have Genital Mucocutaneous Candidiasis.
Please get your Blood tests done to rule out Diabetes.Take some anti fungal medication like Flucanozole for three days along with tropical anti fungal cream for local application.Get prescription of these drugs from your family Physician,
If you have problem in retracting foreskin it may most likely to be due to Phimosis.Consult qualified Surgeon or Urologist for examination .You may need to get circumcised.
Answered: Sat, 23 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor