Can a torn frenulum be repaired?

Dr. P. T. Patil

Urologist

Posted on Tue, 17 Apr 2018 in Men's Health
Question: I have a question about the penis frenulum. During sex the frenulum ripped and cause bleeding. Now it's no longer attached to the urethra. Will the frenulum heal and grow back to its normal state? Will this make it harder for me to ejaculate?
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Frenulum will not grow again .

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for query .

Based on the facts that yo have posted you have torned your frenulum during intercourse .

The torned frenulum will not grow again and nor it will affect ejaculation .

Normally it is rough and dry sex that causes injury to frenulum .Always ensure that you spent more time in foreplay so that there are adequate vaginal secretion which act as a lubricant and helps to prevent injury to frenulum or foreskin .If you observe that vagina is not well lubricated use Xylocaine Jelly to lubricate your penis .
Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions,I shall be happy to help you
Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.

.

Follow up: Dr. P. T. Patil 21 minutes later
Will I have reduce sensitivity do to the frenulum no longer been attached or will I not see any significant changes in my arousal?
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 10 minutes later
Brief Answer:
It will not affect sensitivity of Foreskin .

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for follow up .

You have not mentioned whether you are circumcised or not .

If your foreskin is intact (Not circumcised) It will not affect sensitivity .Even though sensitivity of glans is reduced as in case of a person who is circumcised It only delays the orgasm and thereby delay ejaculation which helps to prolong intercourse that gives sexual satisfaction(Orgasm) to female partner.

Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.
Follow up: Dr. P. T. Patil 5 minutes later
I am not circumcised. I'm confused. What glands are we talking about? how does the removal of the frenulum delay orgasm? But as far as sexual performance with my partner I have nothing to worry about correct?
Brief Answer:
Nothing to be worried about .

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for follow up .

Foreskin contains nerves which are involved in sexual pleasure .As you are not circumcised you need not worry about sexual pleasure at all even though frenulum is damaged due to injury .

It is the Glans Penis (Terminal Purple portion of penis)not glands which gets desensitized in a circumcised person ..

Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.

Follow up: Dr. P. T. Patil 18 hours later
I talk to a urologist over the phone and he said that circumcision might be necessary, he express that he would have to look at it first. If my frenulum is compoletly torn, detached, is a circumcision necessary. In any case involving the frenulum whether it's compoletly torn or partially damaged is a circumcision necessary? I look at it today and part of it is torn but part of it is still attached to the penis head.
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Need for Circumcision can be decided only on clinical examination

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks fr follow up .

Need for surgery of Circumcision can be decided by Urologist only on clinical examination in person and not on phone .You need to consult him .

Thanks and Regards
Dr.Patil

In the case of a damge frenulum when will a circumcision be needed. If the frenulum is completely torn apart will I need a circumcision? if the frenulum is only partially torn will I need a circumcision? Under what circumstances will I need a circumcision?
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 23 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Need for circumcision will be decided only on clinical examination

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for follow up .

One does not need to get circumcised if Frenulum is torned completely .Circumcision is advised if one has difficulty in penetration f vagina or there is painful erection .

The decision will depend entirely on clinical examination in person
Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.
Follow up: Dr. P. T. Patil 4 minutes later
What if only half of the frenulum was torn will a circuncison be need and is their an alternative To circumcision? also what should I do so that the area does not become infected?
Brief Answer:
Reread my earleir answers

Detailed Answer:
hello
Thanks for follow up .

Please reread my earlier answers I have clarified all points .

Findings on clinical examination by a qualified Urologist will decide regarding need for circumcision.It can be not commented on hypothetical queries .

Thaks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.