What does a sore on the penis which has not healed indicate?

Dr. P. T. Patil

Urologist

Posted on Tue, 8 May 2018 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Question: I am 80 years old and have a small sore on my penis that I know happened after constant rubbing of the skin
and probably without enough lubrication. Seems to scab over fairly well ,but when peeled after a long time, it has not healed. The scab comes off but is never healed underneath.
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 34 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You need to consult qualified Urologist or General Surgeon

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for query .

Based on the facts that you have developed soreness of glans penis due to dry rough rubbing of foreskin which has not healed up since a long time

I shall be happy if you can post me more details to help me in making precise comments
1) Are you diabetic?
2) Are you able to retract your foreskin over glans penis completely ?
3) Can you upload photograph of your penis .

You need to consult qualified Urologist ir General surgeon for clinical examination in person and star following treatment
1) Take antibiotic like Cefixime and Diclofenac twice daily
2) Wash your genitals with warm water twice daily
3) Use topical antibiotic ointment like Neosporin after washing the genitals
4) Avoid any sexual activities till it heals up completely

It should get cured within two weeks .

Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions,I shall be happy to help you
Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.