Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
162 Doctors are Online

Wore magnetic earring, cuts in ears, bumps in earlobe. Help?

I wore magnetic earrings on my ears for about 1 and a half months for 7 hours a day and eventually my ears started growing cuts and making a hole. Now I have quit wearing them or at least 4-5 months and little balls are in my earlobe and on the outside they are red. I need help on how I can get them removed or how to get them out or to try them. Thank you in advance
Asked On : Fri, 8 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  609
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response

Welcome to the forum. It seems you have sensitive skin and have metal allergy. Avoid wearing magnetic earings made of nickle and other metals that cause you such discomfort.

You can take antiallergics/antihistaminics, it will help you feel better. You can apply medicated oitments like neosporin locally.

Get your ear lobes examined by a dermatologist, you may need some oral antibiotics to get rid of the inflammation and balls that are troubling you. Take care.
Answered: Fri, 8 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful

2 Doctors agree with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor