Will taking Motrin help cure tension and stress on shoulders?

what is best to take for tension and stress in your shoulders i already talke abt about 4 to 5 motrin..im black 5 7..200lbs..no health issues..but i have high blood pressure and diabeties in my family.i take meds for depression and add..i really i dont want to add strong pain meds
Sat, 10 Jul 2021

Tension and stress on shoulder commonly occurs due to rotator cuff tendinitis or bursitis. Motrin will help to give temporary relieve, it will not cure tension /stress of the shoulders. You are suggested to avoid activities that you know tend to worsen symptoms, give rest to your shoulders for a couple of days. Wear a shoulder brace, it will give you ample relief.

You can apply Volini pain relief spray to ease discomfort from time to time. Take pain relieving medicines like Combiflam or Naproxen, one stat when needed. Include anti inflammatory food in your regular diet. Cold compression (application of ice) may give relieve. However, you are suggested to get clinically examined by a GP/Orthopedics.

Get X-ray, CT done for further management of the tendons that become inflamed or damaged. Get connected to a Physical therapist, do gentle stretch exercises under him. If the symptoms do not get better your treating Orthopedics may suggest corticosteroid injections around the bursa or surgery.

Take care. Hope I have answered your question. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Nupur K., General & Family Physician