Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
180 Doctors are Online

Will a swollen lump near my groin area that secretes pus cause any problem ?

I m 17, a week ago I noticed a swollen lump near my groin area. It was had but it secreted puss. I put a hot rag on it and it went down. Buy I feel like it s completely under the skin now and it s doesn t hurt but it s really hard! And I don t feel like anything is in it like it s solid I m really scared. Could it be just a swollen gland?
Asked On : Sat, 25 Jun 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  925
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
  User's Response
Hi. swollen lump which secrets pus-likely infected lymph need not afraid of it .with help of anti-inflammator drug and antibiotics,it will get resolvewithin 5 to 7 days. if it persists and swelling moves on coughing,you shuld consult surgeon-IT MAY BE HERNIA.
Answered: Sat, 25 Jun 2011
General & Family Physician Dr. Shainaz Arif Kaware's  Response
welcome to HealthcareMagic
The lump in the groin should not be ignored and since it had pus but still it is painless that suggests that there is some sort of infection and it needs to be examined and treated.The lump can be due to a simple inflammation;or even it can be a tuberculous infection since it is painless.Please get examined by a surgeon and get routine investigations like CBC;ESR;Mantoux to rule out tuberculosis and then the doctor may prescribe the antibiotics as needed.
Answered: Sun, 26 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor