Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
197 Doctors are Online

Will a man be sterile as he is smoking from last 10 years ?

My boyfriend has been smoking pot 10+ years is it possible he could be sterile? My boyfriend has been smoking pot 10+ years is it possible he could be sterile? Him and I are very sexually active and tonight was the first night we didn t use a condom, I d really appreciate a reply back.
Asked On : Wed, 9 Feb 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  45
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
welcome to HealthcareMagic
Smoking tobacco and even pot has been associated and has been identified as a reason for reduction in sperm count but it does not make a male sterile.So even if your boyfriend has been smoking pot since 10 yrs he will not be sterile and so the risk of getting pregnant after unprotected sex will always be there.So hence forth if you don't want a baby then use protection or contraception and for the unprotected sex you had last night you can take a emergency contraceptive which a doctor can prescribe you.
Take care.
Answered: Sun, 14 Aug 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor