Will Plan B birth control pill delay the periods?

Hi, Im kinda freaking out here. Me and my boyfriend are sexually active. And we havent had any problems in the past with using condoms. Well the last time we had sex on June 3rd. And at the end of the condom (not where head of the penis is, the other end) Had a hole in it. We were really scared so the went to walmart the next day and got the Plan B Pill. And I took it. Im suppose to be starting my period this week and im wanting to know. Will the Plan B Pill delay my period? And if it does, does that mean im not pregant? Should I be worried?
Tue, 18 May 2021

Plan B contains a drug known as Levonorgestrel in an amount equal to present, in many birth control pills. After taking the Plan B tablet periods will be generally within one week. It is just like breakthrough bleeding. Plan B also prevents pregnancy like birth-control pills and it is not an abortifacient.

Therefore, question of your being pregnant does not arise. Of course, its failure rate is more as compared to normal birth-control pills. Failure rate with birth-control pills is 2-3% where as plan B has failure rate in the range of 10-15%. Due to this reason, if you do not have your periods within one week after taking plan B tablet, then a pregnancy test is advised to rule out / confirm the pregnancy.

Take care. Hope I have answered your question. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Satnarain Bansal, General & Family Physician