Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
141 Doctors are Online

Wife suffering from premenstrual syndrome. How to stop menstruation without hysterectomy?

my wife is suffering a lot from permenstrual syndrome.So is there any medication to stop menstruation permanently or to get menopause quickly without undergoing hysterectomy .. Plz do suggest me drugs which stops periods permanently..She wants that because other medications which are used to treat premenstrual syndrome were of no use..So i need this suggestion very badly.. Regards
Asked On : Thu, 21 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  28
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Thanks for query

Proper nutrition, regular exercise, and a healthy lifestyle generally help with PMS.Medications like pain killers and antidepressants may help.Cutting back on sugar, coffee, and alcohol may provide some relief from symptoms. Taking supplements containing calcium, magnesium, soy, vitamin B6, and vitamin E may reduce certain symptoms. Regular exercise and stress reduction techniques may decrease nervousness and agitation as well as reduce symptoms associated with PMS.

There are drugs which stop menstruation like:
1. Hormonal - Depo Provera has been known to stop menstruation in some women
2. Other hormonal methods - GnRH antagonists can stop your cycle and therefore stop you menstruating
3. Some women just take the OCP .

But these medicine may interfere with the body system and will have side effects.

I hope thsi will help

Best wishes
Answered: Thu, 21 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful

2 Doctors agree with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor