Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
132 Doctors are Online

Wife suffering from depression or some form of psychotic illness

she s been suffering from depression for a long time. after 13 years the doctors realised this and prescribed prozac. now prozac is not working. she s suffering from palpitation and panic attacks and anxiety and restlessness. had ecg many times but palpitation seem to settle down when near an ecg machine. at present when she gets these anxiety attacks with palpitations, she curls herself as though she s lonely and also she closes her fists and touches her heart. previous ecg results were ok. there is a language barrier but i do my best to interprete everything she says to the doctor. i feel the doctors are not doing enough to get to the bottom of her problem.
Asked On : Tue, 15 Dec 2009
Answers:  1 Views:  440
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
  User's Response
i suffered from what i thought was depression for 3 years also panic attacks my husband also thought it was more a mental illiness thank God he didnt give up on me only july 5th of this year i found out only by a catherazation that i had a 70% blockage to the left desending attery and 100% blockage to the right artery of my heart every ekg blood test stress test i had before this showed no signs of heart problems also besides feelling depressed and sleeping alot i had no signs of heart problems please find a cardioligst and have this checked out today i feel like a new woman my prayers are with both of you
Answered: Tue, 15 Dec 2009
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor