Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps

148 Doctors Online
Owl Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 18 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Why does my husband's stomach bloat and feel like passing out when he eats ?

my husband (25yrs. old) is having problems when he eats. he said that when he eats he feels like he s going to pass out, he sweats, and even if it s a little bit of food he bloats right at the height of where his stomach is. He does have a history of drinking and taking too many nsaids so i m not sure if it is that all catching up with him or something new.
Fri, 13 Jan 2012
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi,thanks for query.He should be having acid peptic disease.Drinking and NSAID both can produce ulcer in the G.I.Tract and leads to this kind of problem.Please stop taking them immediately.Give him bland diet,avoid smoking or tobacco in any form.Ask him to take proper rest.Most importantly visit your doctor and get treatment.He needs regular treatment for this.bye.
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Anand Babu M's  Response
Hi welcome to healthcare magic forum

Above symptoms suggestive of Acute Gastitis... avoid all spicy foods, stop drinking and smoking.. avoid nsaids... good sleep is essential to avoid stress... by above gastritis is reduced..antacids will be helpful Tab.pantaprazole 40mg before breakfast once daily for 7days...
I find this answer helpful
Pediatrician Dr. Suryakanta Baraha's  Response
chronic alcoholism and consumption of NSAIDS can cause peptic ulcer disease.avoid all these.antacids are helpful. avoid spicy and junk food. do regular excercise. i personall y feel he should consult a gastroenterologist and get endoscopy done.dont negelect it.
I find this answer helpful
Pediatrician Dr. Jasbir S Chugh's  Response
Dear Nicole

Since your husband has a history of chronic alcoholism and consumption of NSAIDS,his symptoms can be attributed to a chronic peptic ulcer with stricture formation(Narrowing of stomach outlet). he should immediately consult a gastroenterologist who may do an Endoscopy and Barium swallow X-ray of your husband. You should not ignore this problem and get going as soon as possible.
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....