Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
198 Doctors are Online

Why am I unable to conceive even though all reports are normal ? First issue 4 year old daughter

Hi,my husband and I are trying to conceive for the past year.I have a 4 yr old,I was 28 when I had her.I am 33 yrs old now.My period is regular,every 23 to 25 days.This month I got brown discharge 3 days beforemy period is due and now have bright red blood ,light to medium flow with light cramping two days before my period is due.We have not been using any birth control andi are sexually active before my ovulation is due,generally 5 to 11 days after my period.My daughter was born by C section since she was a breach birth. I have had a normal pap smear and a normal ultra sound.My husband has 2 children from a previous relationship. Ellemaria
Asked On : Mon, 21 Feb 2011
Answers:  4 Views:  117
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
  Anonymous's Response

First there are some questions that i need answers to so that we can evaluate the next step.
- Is your 4 year old daughter from your current husband ?
- Does your husband drink alcohol or smoke ?
- When did you do an ultrasound ?
- Have you consult a doctor about this problem ? If yes, what are the medications/investigations done ?

If you need more help, you can visit:
Answered: Mon, 21 Feb 2011
  Anonymous's Response
One more thing, is your husband diabetic ?
Answered: Mon, 21 Feb 2011
  User's Response
My daughter is from a previous relationship
My ultrasound was in November,no problems found,I was told that my left ovary had a dominant folicle
My husband drinks a few beers at the weekend but neither of us smoke.
My daughter's Dad was a smoker
I did speak to my doctor,he adv me to relax and eat healthily.
I had a pap smear in August,all clear,normal
Both my husband and I are overweight,I'm overweight by 14 pounds and my husband by 42 pounds
Answered: Mon, 21 Feb 2011
  Anonymous's Response
I recommend that both of you consult an infertility doctor. He should do a semen analysis to check that he is fine. Besides, some investigations will be done to you.
You must consult your doctor because it has been more than one year and the cause should be identified and treated.
Answered: Mon, 21 Feb 2011
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor